CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Ultimate Restoration Project--- The Journey Begins...

My husband and I had been looking for a home for several months, when we quickly realized that all of the new homes were ridiculously out of our budget.  I mean, sure we could have purchased a home way out of our price range, but what good would that do us in the long run?  I want the american dream... you know, to OWN your own home. Yeah, that right... I want to own it, not rent it.  After renting for 4 years it was time for something new... or so I thought.

We ran across several foreclosed homes that seemed to have great potential, so that made us want to investigate the possibilities.  Our real estate agent agreed to show us a house we had spotted while out driving one Sunday afternoon. 

This is it!!! 
(I love the shaded lot with all the trees!)

And then my husband saw what would become, "His SHOP!"  Yes, the one and only location for all of his manly belongings...the 88' Toyota, his bass boat, his 4-wheeler (oh wait, he doesn't have that yet, but it makes the list anyhoo). 


(That is my car in the driveway, doesn't it look right at home!)

He was totally in love with this wired shop and was encouraged to place an offer for the property.
So without a second thought, we put an offer down, and it was .... rejected.  Thats right, even on a foreclosure they seemingly want a specific amount or its a no-go.
Before we had time to reach a decision on another offer, the home went to auction.
Long story short, my husband went to this auction...and he WON! 

Thats right, we obtained our first home through a grueling auction process, but ultimately spent what we had originally set out to spend... little did we know, the exhaustive efforts we would experience during the renovation process.

You have seen on my previous posts my crafty furniture items and curtain stuffs... but now it is time to show you some real genuine renovations that I hope will knock your socks off.

More to come...

3 comments:

MisImpulsive

Meredith, darlin! I guess I now know where you've been! Emily here. Lovely house, I can't wait to see how it comes along! Only question though: where on earth are you going to put your horses???

Debbie McClelland

I can't wait to see more, Meredith!

AC English

What a tease! Can't wait to see the next post!

Post a Comment