CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 20, 2012

Ok, so like I said before... this renovation was going to be a doozie.
These are the photos of the house prior to any updates... the smell of the carpet was too gross to describe, so I will spare you the details.
The house has 5 bedrooms!  Three bedrooms are original and at some point the former owners added an additional 2 more bedrooms to the end of the house (Still not quite sure what the extra bedrooms were for, possibly a mother-in-law suite)

So here goes.... please try not to judge us just yet.

When you first walk in the front door, you can see straight into the dining room/kitchen and also the living room with a fireplace to the left.

Dont' you just love the pink?!?!?!  I think it is technically mauve or rose... but pink works.

As you can see, the living room had potential, minus the book shelves.  I love books but not on these shelves.  The living room had all paneling (Eeeeek!) The walls had of course obsorbed the odors of the house, so we would be totally replacing the paneling with new sheetrock.

The condition of the carpet, well.... lets just say I wasn't going to be taking my shoes off and staying a while... for a while. (Hah!)


(Gross, I know.)

And the kitchen... it left MUCH to be desired, for sure.  I tried to reassure myself that with a LOT of primer and paint this kitchen would look good as new.  (Then again, maybe not.  More to come on this later.) However, I must point out a few things before moving on.  


 Notice the wood beam running across the ceiling?  This was originally a wall that separated the laundry area from the kitchen.  Someone thought it would be a great idea to add a few feet of space to the kitchen and put the washer and dryer in the storage room (in the garage). Because the water pipes were still on the same wall... the storage room was a super solution...but it meant you had to go outside into the garage to do your clothes... hmmm, yeah that was NOT going to work. As I said, more on this to come later.
Few more shots of the kitchen here :


(The fridge goes in this area... notice the door to the garage on the right... that won't be there later.  Just wait and see!)

This was to show the gross, gross, nasty, gross floor.  I don't think the 5 second rule applies here. Ew!

Here you will notice the dishwasher (I won't lie, I was afraid to open it). 


There is no amount of Mr. Clean, Clorox, or Magic Erasers that could help this sink... you will be glad to know that it is gone now!

Now, how would you like this for your guest bath???
Oh, com'on... you know you love it!  Oh wait, maybe we loathe it!  UGH!




But I kinda liked the built in storage....


See, its not so bad... definate potential. Plus, I love hidden storage!  My husband calls me his hoarder, clearly he has never seen the show.  But I only keep the things I really love... does that make me a hoarder??? Absolutely not!!! 

I'm going to run through the next few pics pretty quickly so I can show you everything..but I'm ready to show you the good stuff!

Bedroom #1  ( A few holes to patch)


Master Bedroom



Master Bath and Closet






Bedroom #2 (This room was great, very little to fix, just needed lots of paint)


Bedroom #3: My Hubby's soon to be Man Cave
(Notice the two-toned blue room and GREEN scored concrete floors!) 


Bedroom #4 : NO PICS... sorry, but its going to be my Crafty/Sewing room!
Wait for it, its going to be awesome!

The Storage Room /Laundry Facility

Lots of storage, you know...for all my so-called hoarding.

That is it for now... but when you come back, you will see some serious work in progress!

So excited to show you! :) Have a great weekend everyone!  And happy restoring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment